Universidad Nacional de Colombia
Was founded in 1867 and to date it is the largest and most important public university in the country. Due to its national character and to fulfill the mission of contributing to the identity of the nation in its diversity, the Institution is made up of nine locations to date.
The headquarters of Amazonia, Caribe, Bogotá, Manizales, Medellín, Orinoquia, Palmira, Tumaco and La Paz.
Is located in the first place of the U-Sapiens ranking that qualifies the best Colombian Higher Education Institutions according to research indicators as well as being in first place in the Shanghai Academic Ranking of World for Colombia. It is ranked 32nd in the Ibero-American Ranking SIR – SCIMAGO.
The university aims to:
- Contribute to national unity, as a center of intellectual and cultural life open to all currents of thought and to all social, ethnic, regional and local sectors.
- Study and enrich the cultural, natural and environmental heritage of the nation and contribute to its conservation.
- Critically assimilate and create knowledge in the advanced fields of science, technology, technology, art and philosophy.
- To train professionals and researchers on a scientific, ethical and humanistic basis, providing them with a critical conscience that allows them to act responsibly in response to the requirements and trends of the contemporary world, as well as creatively lead change processes.
- Form free citizens and promote democratic values, tolerance and commitment to civil duties and human rights.
- Promote the development of the national academic community and promote its international articulation.
- Study and analyze national problems and propose, independently, formulations and relevant solutions.
- Provide support and advice to the State in scientific and technological, cultural and artistic orders, with academic and investigative autonomy.
- Participate in the benefits of their academic and research activity to the social sectors that make up the Colombian nation.
- Contribute to the promotion and promotion of access to quality higher education, through cooperation with other universities and State institutions.
- Encourage the integration and participation of students, for the achievement of the aims of higher education.